XTickertape is an demonstration of how much information can be extracted from a single line of scrolling text. It can receive elvin notifications from a variety news sources (including CVS) and also from other tickertapes. It relies on the Motif widget set although it is known to work with LessTif.
xtickertape 2.0This is the latest release. It requires libelvin version 4.0.0-4.3.x. RPMs and DEBs will be made available soon.
|A wide range of Unix versions are
supported using a source code distribution. It will build happily
against 4.0.0 through 4.3.x releases of
Overview of changes in xtickertape-2.0rc1
- Notification format upgraded to conform to version 3.1 of the tickertape chat protocol.
- It's now finally possible to reload a groups file in which the keys for a group have changed. It's also possible to reload the keys file or all config files (with a SIGHUP).
- It is now possible to reply to a message in a 'no menu' group.
- Fixed a thinko in the metamail invocation which caused the first argument to be lost and thus metamail would cause it to hang.
Revision ControlFollowing the 2.0 release, xtickertape's sources are now kept in a GIT repository. Get your own copy thusly:
git clone git://git.gnusto.com/pub/git/xtickertape
Overview of changes in xtickertape-2.0
- Minor packaging clean-up.
Overview of changes in xtickertape-2.0rc2
- Added support for the mouse wheel via the scroll-up() and scroll-down() translations.
- Plugged 3 memory leaks found by valgrind, and removed a zero-length malloc which would result in an abort on platforms which return NULL.
- Added a workaround for a Motif bug so that the group menu reflects the current selection even before the user clicks on it for the first time.
- Changed the default attachment type from x-elvin/url to the standard text/uri-list for better interoperation with other tickertape clients.
- The show-url program can now read a URL from stdin.
- Fixed two bugs related to reloading groups and keys files which could cause xtickertape to crash.
- Fixed iconv library management. Mac OS X users should no longer need to hack the link lines to make xtickertape compile.
- String attachments are now accepted (previously only opaque ones were recognized) for better interoperability with other tickertape implementations.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the history widget to display incorrectly if the size of its contents exceeded 32767 pixels in either dimension.
- Fixed a bug that would cause xtickertape to crash on start-up if the number of fade levels was set to zero.
- Fixed a bug which would cause tickertape to print warnings of the form Timeout 300 not found when the sent message history was traversed with M-p and M-n.
Overview of changes in xtickertape-2.0b2
- Fixed a bug that prevented the connection status from being updated properly.
- Added the `-u' option to show-url command, making it possible to specify the URL on the command-line rather than writing it to a file first.
- Changed the metamail invocation to use execlp instead of execl, which means that the PATH environment variable is consulted. The corresponding app-default has changed name from [Mm]etamailPath to simply [Mm]etamail.
- Binary package support for Redhat, Mandrake and Debian.